We have an immediate need for a System Administrator with a focus on Linux experience in the McLean, VA area. The on-site system administrator shall support the day-to-day operations of the Sponsor’s laboratory computer systems. This support shall include the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and security management of laboratory computer systems. System administrators shall utilize at least one, preferably two, administrative languages (PowerShell, shell, Python, etc.), and shall have a demonstrated knowledge of current Windows operating systems and a strong working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat or CentOS) operating systems.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
The System Administrator should have a solid working knowledge of distributed and clustered computing and virtualization environments.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the on-site system administrator may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responding to inquiries concerning all aspects of computer and network operations
• Providing system support to local and remote users
• Monitoring and promptly responding to trouble tickets that may involve all tiers of system support (hardware, software, accounts, peripherals, etc.)
• Creating, managing and troubleshooting user/group accounts via Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
• Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system and application software
• Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, monitors, transceivers, network interface cards, network physical links)
• Configuring NFS, SAMBA, CIFS, etc. remote hosting/sharing protocols
• Updating systems using manual and automated processes
• Performing system and file backup and recovery
• Monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space)
• Auditing system log files, to include compliance audits
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems
• Documenting hardware and software configurations, maintenance history, backup history
• Implementing up-to-date system policies and procedures
• Performing in large integration efforts, which would include the building and maintenance of a large network of LINUX workstation in excess of 100 systems
• Managing a large, complex server environment
• Building Linux server baselines, Building Linux workstation baselines
• Writing LINUX shell scripts
• Patching LINUX servers
• Bachelor’s degree with eight (8) years or more of direct related experience System Administration Experience.
• Eight years of experience may be substituted for a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that ASEC may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
ASEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.