The Candidate will design, install, configure and support the customer’s WAN and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. The candidate will maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users. The candidate will perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. The candidate will support the design, design documentation, factory testing and network integration of IP/MPLS based LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
General tasks include developing MPLS network architecture, assessing network management architecture, documenting the architecture, developing test plans, and conducting the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for UNIX and Windows based operating systems.
The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for UNIX and Windows based operating systems.
Education: BS in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline with 8+ years of network engineering experience; f no degree, 10+ years’ experience in network engineering
• Current and active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
• 8+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer
• UNIX (Linux, Solaris, BSD) administration experience
• Remote network and server administration experience
• Experience designing and implementing VPNs
• Experience with the implementation of X.509 certificates, Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
• Routing and WAN connectivity experience
• PERL/Shell Script experience
• Experience with IP related services to include HTTP, FTP, NNTP, and SMTP
• Experience with routing services to include DHCP, ARP, RARP
• Experience with connection services to include SOAP, RMI, RPC
• Cisco CCNP Certification
• Juniper JNCP Certification
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that ASEC may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
ASEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.